"A fresh look at Instructional Design" - eLN webinar presentation from patrick dunn on Vimeo.
Good old Vimeo. Far better than other video sites I could mention.
I really like in this:
- Patrick points out that ADDIE is appropriate in some contexts. A more nuanced approach than some. Reflects realities of the job.
- The formal approach favoured in the States is not the same as is the predominant model here (UK). I had my suspicions that the term "instructional design" had regional differences.
- The "experience, not content" model reminds me of Cathy Moore's action mapping approach, but focused on behavioural change. A nice counterpoint.
- I like the idea of throwing the spec away and just speaking to learners first. In all my paid time as an ID I was never invited to do this - or costed the time to be able to. I'd argue for it now mind you.
- The before/now slide early on is good too.